Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Matthew 2:1-12
God uses a star to guide the wise men to Jesus and a vision in a dream to guide them back home.
God desires to guide us in our lives as well.
Much of God’s will and guidance for us is no mystery. It is revealed already in the Bible.
When we align God’s word, providential circumstances, the godly counsel of others, and the inner testimony of God’s Spirit, we can have confidence that we are being guided by God.
- Have you ever desired to know God’s will for your life or for a particular situation or decision? How does God guide you?
- What role does the Bible have in your understanding of God’s guidance in your life?
- Do you think that God would ever guide you to do something that contradicts the teaching of the Bible? Why? Why Not?
- As you consider the other parts of God’s guidance, do you see the necessity of having all four come into alignment before moving ahead with a decision?
- Can you remember a time when you made a decision even though you were sure about only one or two of these indicators, but not all four? What happened?
- How would you describe this to a friend?
- The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (tglenn@StAndrews.Church).
*Audio starts about 30 second in