Employment at St. Andrew’s
Part-time Position (12-15 hours weekly)
Primary responsibilities are to produce all weekly electronic and printed materials at the main campus of St. Andrew’s. The successful candidate must be well versed in using GMail; the use of either Microsoft (MS) Windows OS or iOS; and MS Office applications or Google Apps. He or she must be willing to wrestle angry printers and copiers, knowing that Sunday arrives every seven days and that everything must be completed on time. The Communications Assistant must be fearless in learning new software and systems. Special consideration will be given to candidates who know how to use Adobe InDesign. Part-time, 12-15 hours each week. More hours are available as the successful applicant becomes more skilled. To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to Sandy Hill (SHill@StAndrews.Church).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce weekly service bulletins and handouts.
- Produce weekly emails using Constant Contact.
- Edit, layout, and produce monthly newsletter.
- Produce content for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Assist the Communications Director in updating the church’s websites.
- Maintain a calendar for Social Media publication.
- Create and deliver visual presentations using Adobe Photoshop and MS PowerPoint.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of toner, other printer consumables, and paper.
- Troubleshoot copiers and printers and provide accurate descriptions of malfunctions to repair personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prerequisites in position includes demonstrated competency in the use of GMail; the use of either Microsoft (MS) Windows OS or iOS; and MS Office applications or Google Apps.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Must achieve intermediate proficiency in the use of Adobe InDesign and basic proficiency in the use of Adobe Photoshop.
- Must be able to work effectively without supervision and in the absence of the Communications Director, be able to work within defined limits, while completing all assigned tasks.
Disclaimer: The above ministry description is not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities of the position. As with all positions at St. Andrews, employment is “at will” or voluntary on both the part of the employee and St. Andrews. This ministry description is not a contract and employment may be terminated by either the employee or St. Andrews with or without notice and with or without cause.
St. Andrew’s is an equal employment opportunity employer, and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We do not require all employees to be Anglicans, but because our essential identity as a community of faith in Jesus Christ, we require all employees to wholeheartedly believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no one comes to the Father but by Him. As a community, we submit to the authority of the Holy Scriptures as the standard for Christian faith and life. We uphold the sanctity and dignity of human life, the creation of humankind in God’s image as male and female, and the unchangeable standard of Christian marriage between one man and one woman as the only proper place for sexual intimacy and the basis of the family.*
The church’s policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all phases of the employment relationship including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay, and other forms of selection, training and compensation.
*”Theological Statement” of the Anglican Church in North America and “The Jerusalem Declaration” of the Global Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans.