Following up weekly with a sermon is a great way to grow in your faith. We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Acts 1:1-5
As a compass has four points (North, South, East, and West) here are four points to help us navigate the book of Acts.
- Theophilus: The Gospel from Jerusalem to Rome
- Jesus Christ: The servant king
- Holy Spirit: The dwelling presence
- The Apostles: The people of God
- How is Acts a good tonic for your soul? (A tonic is a healthy drink. Like a vitamin)
- What promises has God made that we see filled in the opening of Acts?
- How are we as a church connected to the book of Acts?
- How would you explain the upside-down kingdom of God?
- Alpha starts in a few weeks. Who will you invite to join you at this Alpha Course? How is that a continuation of what God is doing in Acts? www.AlphaCharleston.com for more details and to register.
- After listening to this sermon how are your prayers challenged or changed?
- What did you find encouraging about this sermon?
- How is your life changed, matured, or was challenged because of it?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
You can find our video recording of this sermon at https://www.facebook.com/ParkCircleChurch/live_videos/
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (DLibbon@StAndrews.Church)