Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: John 17:20-26
If you were asked what the gospel of Jesus is all about, what would you say?
The Bible teaches that the main goal of Jesus’ mission was to reunite God with his creation; to open the door and provide access to God, to establish an oneness with God that has not been available since the door was closed by sin back in the garden.
Jesus’ high priestly prayer in John 17 articulates the incredible truth that we now have the ability to be one with the Father in the same way that Jesus is one with him. Yet it is not only a reunion of people with God but also a reconciling and drawing together of people with people. Christians have the distinct privilege of enjoying this relationship with God and others.
- What were some of the ways you would articulate the gospel?
- What feelings bubble up when you hear that God desires to be in relationship with you?
- What does being made “perfectly one” with other believers look like to you?
- What are some steps you could take to faciliate unity and love between yourself and others City Church people?
- What might you begin doing this week to step more fully into the loving relationship you have with the Father?
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Connect with Kyle Holtzhower (Kyle@standrews.church)
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.