Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:
- Thus Says God: Restfulness not restlessness
- Thus Says Pharaoh: Worship through work
- Moses and Aaron appear before Pharaoh and deliver a divine message. Where else in the Bible can you remember God speaking? What happened?
- Pharaoh meets that message with his own. “Thus says Pharaoh.” What does he command?
- How was the worship of Pharaoh a pyramid scheme?
- Where in your own life do you find yourself trying to worship with work?
- How does the 4th commandment play into all this?
- Do you feel the stress of a full schedule, an empty and noisy life? Why is it so?
- How would the command to “Honor the Sabbath” play out in your life? How is Jesus Lord of the Sabbath and how do we have a fulfilled Sabbath in him?
- What role did being in the presence of God play in giving Moses and Aaron the courage to confront the most powerful man on the planet? When was the last time you rested in God’s presence?
- Because of this sermon, how is your life changed, matured, or challenged?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (Dlibbon@StAndrews.Church)