- All parents of 6-12th graders.
- Thursday, January 30.
- Snacks/Refreshments provided.
- Sams Hall.
In February, we’ll be taking our students through a conversation on their level about love, dating, relationships, sex, and how God fits into all of it.
At SAYM, we value partnering with parents to help see students encounter Jesus. This means, the conversation we have in February with our students cannot be done without you.
Come join us as we walk through navigating this critical conversations with your teenager. Come with questions, come connect with other parents asking the same questions, and come to learn what is up with these teenagers and relationships these days.
- All campus event.
- Mt. Pleasant campus – The Annex.
- Saturday, February 8, 2020.
- 9 am – 12:30 pm.
- Registration encouraged but not required.
Many people have found Jesus’ life of prayer exciting, challenging, and supernaturally mystifying. In this class on prayer you will learn that, with the Holy Spirit’s guidance, Jesus invites you into a life of prayer with access to the same resources that he enjoyed. This class is open to everyone interested in basic instruction on how to pray for yourself and for others. No registration is required, but it is always helpful to know who will attend. This class is also one of the requirements for anyone who would like to be a part of the Prayer Ministry Team.
If you would like to apply to be a part of the Prayer Ministry Team, please contact John Burley (JBurley@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4326)
- Mt Pleasant Event.
- Sunday, February 9, 2-4 pm.
- Citadel Beach Club, 4700 Palm Blvd, Isle of Palms.
- Register by February 6.
By God’s grace, St. Andrews Church is a thriving, joyful place to worship and grow. One way the Lord accomplishes this is through the efforts of those who volunteer tirelessly of their time and talents.
If you were a part of any of our volunteer teams in 2019, we want to say thank you for all you do and would like to invite you to a Volunteer Appreciation Oyster Roast on Sunday, February 9. Join us for oysters, chili, yard games, and fellowship at the beach. For more information contact Maddy Donaldson (MDonaldson@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4310).
- For students in 8th grade and older.
- Registration opens Thursday, November 7.
- Confirmation Classes meet Sundays, Feb. 9 – May 20.
- 4 – 5:30 pm, Sams Hall.
- Retreat April 24-26.
- Cost due upon registration is $135 for the retreat.
- Register here.
Confirmation is a time for your student to engage with Jesus, go deeper, and help develop a faith of their own. Each one of us has been uniquely formed and gifted and we all have a part to play in serving Christ and His kingdom. Our confirmands are encouraged to consider what gifts and talents God has given them and how they might use those gifts to serve Christ and His kingdom.
Every parent needs to attend our parents meeting. We’ll lay out the things expected of your students and we’ll also talk about ways you can encourage and resource your child while going through the class. The Parents Meeting is Sunday, January 12 from 12:15-1:30pm in Sams Hall.
Students who are interested being a Confirmation table leader or for more information contact Jonathon Welch (JWelch@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4382).
- Tuesday, February 11, 9 am – 5 pm.
- Tidal Grounds (1039 Highway 41, Suite 200 Mount Pleasant, SC 29464).
Coffee with the Youth Pastor is a time designed for you!
Do you have a question about St. Andrews Youth Ministry? Do you want to talk about your student? Do you have questions about teenagers? Would you like some prayer? Would you rather meet face to face than send an e-mail?
This is a time simply for you to stop in for 5 minutes or an hour, without an appointment or e-mail. Jonathon will be there all day working and will stop whatever I’m doing to meet with you.
For more information contact Jonathon Welch (JWelch@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4382).
- Mt Pleasant location – Sams Hall.
- Tuesday Evenings, February 11 – March 31.
- Dinner 6:15 pm, Lecture 6:55 pm – 8:30 pm.
- Cost: $95, includes dinner & course materials.
- Register Now.
Many Christians are familiar with individual stories in the Bible or have favorite verses but do not see how the Old and New Testaments fit together as one unified story about God’s purpose for humanity. This class will offer a 30,000 foot view of Scripture, taking students on a journey from cover to cover. Participants will learn to see the big picture of the Bible and discover how their lives are part of God’s great story of redemption.
Course instructor will be The Rev’d Randy Forrester. Scholarships available: Contact Kathy Hare (KHare@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4316).
Questions? Contact Randy Forrester (RForrester@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4320).
- Friday, Feb. 21 – Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020.
- Doubletree Resort, Myrtle Beach.
- Double: $215 ($260 after Dec.15), Single: $345 ($390 after Dec.15) includes 2 nights/5 meals.
- Registration Deadline is January 27, 2020.
- Register today.
Lay down the distractions of the day and come enjoy a weekend of camaraderie, powerful teaching, and discussion with a healthy dose of free time for relaxation. Geoff Chapman, our speaker for this year’s retreat, has a great deal to share regarding the move of the Holy Spirit in our lives and His mission to the world.
About our Guest Speaker
Geoff turned to Christ in the 1960’s amid tremendous social turmoil. After college he entered seminary and finished his degree work at Trinity in Pittsburgh. As a young priest, he found himself in the midst of a powerful charismatic renewal in Bath, Ohio. He has since pastored 5 churches and, in 2008, stood up to the sharp challenge of leaving the Episcopal Church to join the Anglican Communion. He is married to Becca. They have 6 children and 17 grandchildren. He is recently retired from St. Stephen’s in Pittsburgh where he continues to pursue his love of mountain biking and woodworking.
Questions? Contact Andy Breaux (ABreaux@StAndrews.Church or 843.296.2052).
One Man’s Story
Mike Torrence tells about his experience with the Men’s Retreat.
- Mt. Pleasant Children’s Ministry.
- Sunday, February 23
- 4-5pm (dinner served at 5pm for those who want to stay)
- Meet in Sams Hall on the main campus (440 Whilden St.).
All kids 3K and older and their parents are invited to join us for a Connect event. We will gather at St. Andrew’s and learn about what it means to “go out and love and serve the Lord.” Then we will put that into practice by making casseroles that families can take and give to others. Everything will be provided to make and take a casserole. Stay after to enjoy some dinner. We’ll be serving casserole of course!
No need to RSVP and childcare will be provided for younger siblings (6 weeks to 2K). For more information contact Katie Arndt (KArndt@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4329.)
- Services at 7 am, 11 am, 5:15 pm, & 6:30 pm.
- Historic Church, Mt Pleasant Campus.
- Wednesday, February 26.
Join us for the service of Holy Communion and the Imposition of Ashes.
Childcare, nursery, and children’s programs are available during the services at 5:15 and 6:30 pm. All children, 6 weeks – 5th grade, should be checked in and picked up from the children’s area.
Know. Hear. Follow.
Jeannine Rodriguez-Everard, speaker.
- March 13 – 15, 2020.
- DoubleTree Resort by Hilton , Myrtle Beach.
- Registration deadline: Friday, February 14.
Studies show the average woman speaks 20,000 words a day! By nature, most women are equipped to cultivate deep relationships and to communicate in a meaningful way. The Bible tells us that our Heavenly Father also loves to communicate. With us!
“My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me.” This familiar verse from John 10 shows us how our Savior knows us, speaks to us, and guides us. But many of us still have questions:
- How do I know I am hearing His voice?
- How can I listen, obey, and follow Him?
- What are some practical ways that God speaks to me?
Join us in March as we learn together about hearing the voice of God. Our retreat speaker, Jeannine Rodriguez-Everard, will guide us through these questions as we practice the art of hearing God.
Price includes accommodations for two nights, 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, and all taxes and fees.
- Single: $381.00 (no roommate).
- Double: $276.oo (one roommate).
- Triple: $241.00 (two roommates).
- Quad: $224.00 (three roommates).
- Day Attendee: $200.00 (includes meals).
Before you register:
- You will be required to list the names of your roommates when you register, so please have those names ready.
- You will be charged the rate that corresponds with the number of people actually registered in the room, so please make sure all of your roommates are registered by the February 14 deadline. Otherwise you’ll be charged the higher rate. (In other words, if you register for a triple but only two people register for your room, you’ll be charged the double rate and billed for the difference. This policy holds true for cancellations in the room as well).
- Please do not register by yourself in a multiples room and assume that we will assign you a roommate as there are not always roommates available. If you need help finding a roommate, please email Sally Wallace (SWallace@StAndrews.Church) or Rebecca Glenn (RGlenn@StAndrews.Church) prior to registering. The Women’s Retreat Facebook page is a good place to post a roommate notice.
Registration deadline: 5:00 pm , February 14, 2020.
A full refund is available if you have to cancel prior to February 28. Cancellations between February 29 and March 15 will receive a refund of the original rate less a $75.00 administrative fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations after March 9. Partial refunds will be issued in check form.
Scholarships and Discounts
Senior Saint Discount
We are offering a discount for our senior saints (65+). Use discount code SENIOR when registering.
Limited need-based scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis. Everyone applying for a scholarship must complete a scholarship application. Click here to review and complete the required scholarship form.
Scholarships are sometimes the only way some ladies can attend the women’s retreat. If you would like to donate to the retreat scholarship fund, please check the amount you’d like to donate while registering. Donation options are listed below retreat rates on the registration page.
The retreat is for high school graduates and older. Childcare is not provided.
Hotel check in as well as retreat check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. on Friday. Dinner begins at 5:00 pm Friday and the first session begins at 7 p.m. The retreat concludes at 11:30 a.m. on Sunday.
If you have specific requests regarding your room beyond what is addressed in the St. Andrew’s registration, please contact the hotel directly.
Questions? The best way to reach us for a prompt reply is by email: Sally Wallace (SWallace@StAndrews.Church) or Rebecca Glenn, (RGlenn@StAndrews.Church). You may also leave a message at 843.284.4358.
Jeannine Rodriguez-Everard is a wife, artist, singer, storyteller and speaker. She seeks to help people know God, hear His voice, and discover how they were uniquely created to reflect His Light and love to the world. She is passionate about imparting the Father’s heart for the world and for spurring the church on in bringing Heaven to Earth through intimacy with Him. Jeannine is also a trainer for Streams Ministries International and has extensive experience in developing and leading outreach teams at film and arts festivals, new age gatherings, and in everyday life. She lives in Victor, Idaho with her husband, Ian, from which she travels, trains and leads outreach events around the world.