Sunday, August 18 will be our official “Move Up” Sunday in the Hub. We are asking that starting August 18, you drop your children off in the appropriate space based on their age as of September 1, 2019.
- All children from 6 weeks to 23 months old will go to the Music Room at MPA or room 205 on the main campus.
- All children in 2K-4K will meet in the Library at MPA or room 205 on the main campus.
- Children entering kindergarten through 5th grade will follow the cross out during worship and meet in the “Landing” at MPA or the Hub Annex on the main campus.
- Kids entering 6th grade will worship with their parents, but are encouraged to join the Hub Crew.
Contact Katie Arndt (Call 843.284.4329 or email Katie) for more information on Move Up Sunday or the Hub Crew.
- Saturday, August 24.
- Mt. Pleasant ~ Sams Hall.
- 10:00 – 11:30 AM.
Please join us to hear and see the wonderful things that the Lord is doing in Liberia through our missionaries, Sonny and Shawn DuPre. Coffee and light breakfast fare will be served. Questions about this event? Contact Anthony Kowbeidu (843.284.4327 or AKowbeidu@StAndrews.Church).
All kids 3K and older and their parents are invited to join us for Connect. We will be having a good old-fashioned (church) family reunion. There will be plenty of food and fun and games for everyone. Come and learn about Connect and upcoming Connect events.
No need to RSVP. For more information contact Katie Arndt (KArndt@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4329.)
- Meets at the Mt Pleasant location – Sams Hall (440 Whilden St.).
- Begins Monday, September 9.
- Nine-week course ends November 4.
- Monday evenings 6:15-8:30.
- Register now at AlphaCharleston.com.
At an Alpha course, people explore the Christian faith in a relaxed setting during nine thought-provoking weekly sessions, along with a one-day (Saturday) session.
Everyone is welcome at Alpha and people attend for a wide variety of reasons. Some are investigating whether God exists or if there is any point to life, some are concerned about what happens after death. Others may have attended church on and off all their lives but feel they have never really understood the basics of the Christian faith.
People come from many different backgrounds, holding many different viewpoints – but all come with the same objective: to establish whether Jesus Christ has any real relevance for their lives. Dinner and childcare (ages 6 weeks – 5th grade) are included.
If you have any questions, contact Kyle Holtzhower (KHoltzhower@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4346)
- Tuesday, September 10
- Metto Coffee & Tea
- September 12, 2019, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.
- September 14, 2019, 9:00 am – 12:30 pm.
- Cost $15.
- Childcare available for Saturday class if registered by Wednesday, August 28.
- Register now.
This 2 session course will help you understand the original setting and purpose of all 27 books of the New Testament and will then focus on some key texts and themes in the writings of Paul, John, Peter and the writer of Hebrews. The goal will be to show how the New Testament, despite its variety of authors, shows an impressive unity and provides a sure foundation on which we can build an ‘obedient faith’—believing in Jesus’ person and work and then putting into practice his will for our lives today.
Dr. Walker studied at Cambridge University, taught at the University of Oxford and at Trinity School for Ministry, authored 7 books and has found great enjoyment leading tours of the Holy Land for over 30 years.
Questions? Contact Randy Forrester (RForrester@StAndrews.Church or 843.284.4320)