At Pentecost God sent the Holy Spirit to anoint the Church for the mission that Jesus gave to her before he ascended to heaven. It is a most remarkable and astounding moment in history. So many questions arise as we consider this event. Three stand out.
- What happened?
- What did it mean?
- What does it mean to me?
- Why do you suppose that God sent his Spirit in a way that was audible, visible, and experiential?
- Is your faith in God a private or public thing? What did it or would it take to bring it out of hiding?
- Why do you think we minimize the gift of the Spirit to a personal self-satisfying event rather than the missional empowering that God intended it to be?
- Why do you think that we need God’s power to make disciples of Jesus? Why can’t a mere program suffice?
- While God gave gifts to overcome language barriers in Jerusalem, what barriers to effectively communicating the Gospel in your environments do you see today? Where are the walls of separation? Do you believe that God can break through them today?
You can also listen to the sermon and take a look at the application questions via our mobile app.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (email@example.com)
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.