Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: John 18:1-11
- Have you ever heard the response that Jesus was a good teacher but never claimed he was God? How would this text answer that objection?
- How does this text, point one in particular, give you reassurance?
- Has there ever been a time you felt God has abandoned you? What promise does Jesus uphold in this text?
- Why is the picture of a cup so important in scripture? For what is Jesus thirsting for from the cross in John 19?
- Jesus asks the mob “Whom do you seek?” this is a good question for us today as well. Who are you seeking and why?
- After listening to this sermon how are your prayers challenged or changed?
- What did you find encouraging about this sermon?
- How is your life changed, matured, or was challenged because of it?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (DLibbon@StAndrews.Church)