Next Steps of Mt Pleasant
The Next Steps of Mt. Pleasant (NSMP) is a free, volunteer based mentoring ministry that promotes change and self-reliance for our neighbors living in poverty. The goal of this program is to transform lives through Jesus Christ by building relationships, sharing the gospel, and creating a path from poverty to self-sustainability.
There are many opportunities to serve as we identify our neighbors in Mt. Pleasant who are living in poverty. As a mentor, you will help participants take each step towards every goal by providing them encouragement, information, referrals, and friendship.
Location and time
St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Ministry Center, 440 Whilden Street, Mount Pleasant (Old Village)
Bus Stop @ Coleman Blvd and Simmons St.
Fridays 3.00pm to 7.00pm
Ways to serve:
- Communication and Outreach Team: Reach out to (a) people in our community who want to make positive changes in their lives and (b) people in our churches who can help them succeed through the NSMP program.
- Database and Management Team: Input data and generate reports, using the Charity Tracker Plus Database.
- Lazarus Mentor Team: Use the 2-1-1 Database to locate employment, social ministries, and agencies for NSMP program participants to visit in order to create positive changes in their lives.
- Reception Team: Welcome the Program participants who visit NSMP and respond to inquiries about the Next Step Program.
- Samaritan Mentor Team: Listen to NSMP program participants and help them make positive changes in their lives.
Questions? Contact Anthony Kowbeidu (AKowbeidu@StAndrews.Church, or 843.284.4327).