Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:Luke 15:1-10
People gathered around Jesus who were seen as being highly disreputable by the religious establishment of Israel. Of particular concern was Jesus’ habit of welcoming them rather than judging and discarding them. So Jesus told a few parables that revealed the Father’s heart, exposed the hearts of judgmental people and celebrated the joy that God knows when we turn to him. In this passage, we see that:
- Jesus seeks and welcomes sinners
- We cannot truly hear Jesus if we don’t think we need him.
- God rejoices over sinners who repent.
- Do you see yourself in any way as an outcast? How? How not?
- Have you ever admitted to God and yourself that you are lost? Why? Why not?
- Do you look at people through the eyes of a doctor or those of a judge? How so?
- What brings you joy?
- According to the text, what brings joy to heaven?
- Have you ever brought joy to heaven? How so?
- The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (tglenn@StAndrews.Church).
*No audio this week