We have been making steady progress with the final design and early permitting of our campus construction project.
- Early September we received our land disturbance permit from the Town of Mt Pleasant thanks to Mitchell Bohannon and the crew at Thomas & Hutton Engineering. We will begin site work including the Day School demolition sometime in January or February once we have more information from the town on our building permit status.
- We received & reviewed the detailed architectural, electrical, and mechanical drawings. Our architects, Building God’s Way (BGW), are working diligently to incorporate our changes to bring the construction documents to completion.
- BGW is also completing the integration of the final structural design in their computer model and architectural design. We expect that to be completed by Nov 17.
- Our next milestone is to deliver the final constructions documents to the town before Thanksgiving. Hill Construction expects the permitting process to take 2-4 months.
- Two major local subcontractors, Morelli Heating and Air and Quality Electric, were brought in to the project to assist with design issues in integrating our current systems with new systems. Their input has been invaluable. Other subcontractors will be invited to review and price our project once the construction documents have been finalized.
Our gifts to this effort continue to grow. As of November 7, cash and pledges in hand have increased to $6,551,992, an increase of $59,925 since our last update.