Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Heb 2:1-4, 2 Pet 1:3-10.
In Hebrews 2, the author gives his first warning passage: pay attention or you’ll drift away!
Three ways we can look at his warning:
- The importance of paying attention
- The focus of our attention
- Two vital ways to pay attention
- What’s the difference between a lazy-river Christian and a kayaking-the-rapids disciple?
- Why does “come and see” need to come before “go and do”? Which typically comes first in your life?
- Describe Word. Describe Spirit. How can these reinforce and enrich each other?
- Are you more comfortable with Word or with Spirit? How might you integrate them in your life?
You can listen to the sermon by using the player below or via the St Andrew’s Sermon Podcast.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Randy Forrester (RForrester@StAndrews.Church)
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.