Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: John 20:24-31
- The Tension of Belief vs Doubt.
- Thomas’ ultimatum.
- Jesus’s response to Thomas’ Doubt.
- Why do we believe?
-Just for the sake of believing?
-We believe so we can have life.
- Has your doubt every caused you to measure your faith against others? How so? How did this make you feel?
- Have you ever made a wager with God on the basis of belief and faith? If yes, how?
- Do you find it easier to believe for the sake of believing or easier to believe, so that you are given life and direction?
- How does Jesus respond to the doubt of Thomas? How have people responded to you in your doubt?
- How is your life changed, matured, or was challenged because of this sermon?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email Phillip Wilson (PWilson@StAndrews.Church)