Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Philippians 1:1-2
- Slaves of Christ
- Saints in Christ
- Grace and Peace through Christ
- How uncomfortable are you with the term “slavery”?
- From Jesus’ perspective, we all find ourselves in bondage or slavery to something or someone. Outside of Christ, we are slaves to our sinful nature. In Christ, we find freedom by being servants to Jesus.
- How uncomfortable are you with the idea that in Christ you are a saint? Many of us understand a saint as a person super holy and most likely dead! The Bible defines saints differently. How does the Bible define saint? Do you fit that definition? In Christ you are (present tense).
- Because of this sermon, how is your life changed, matured, or was challenged?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (Dlibbon@StAndrews.Church)