Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Matthew 6:5-15
- Pray regularly
- Pray sincerly
- Pray simply
- How is your prayer life these days? Do you pray regularly? What is that like? Would you like to be a person of prayer?
- How does knowing God lead us to maturity in our prayer life?
- What does it mean to be sincere in your prayers?
- Do you like to pray in private? Try to pray with someone or out loud at a life group gathering.
- Do you find it easier to pray with people? Try to dedicate some time in solitude to pray this week.
- Take a moment and read Luther’s book “A Simple Way To Pray” and see how your prayers change and grow.
- How is your life changed, matured, or was challenged because of this sermon?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
Are you interested in reading J.C. Ryle’s Practical Religion as we work through this sermon series? Free ebooks can be found by going to the following link: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/38162
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email Phillip Wilson (PWilson@StAndrews.Church)