Following up weekly with a sermon is a great way to grow in your faith. We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: 1 Peter 3:8-18
- Honoring Christ is the foundation of our hope.
- Having an answer when the questions come.
- Humble responses
- How does Peter encourage his readers to have hope in times of trouble?
- Why does he want to prepare them to have an answer for this hope?
- When was the last time someone asked you about your faith? How did you respond?
- If you had to give an elevator pitch about Christian hope what would you say?
- How does humility play a role in how we respond to questions or criticism?
- After listening to this sermon how are your prayers challenged or changed?
- What did you find encouraging about this sermon?
- How is your life changed, matured, or was challenged because of it?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (DLibbon@StAndrews.Church)