Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: Psalm 139.23-24, John 16.7-11
- God will speak to you by his Word, through his Spirit.
- God will sometimes speak to you through another person.
- Examine your life in/with/through the Holy Spirit.
- What is the difference between introspection and the conviction of the Spirit?
- What is the danger in looking at your life/examining your life apart from God’s Word and the Holy Spirit?
- Where are your affections flowing these days?
- Is your love for God fresh, or has it grown stagnant?
- Is there a consistent presence of the Spirit at work in your life?
- Is there an underlying feeling of envy, or discontent, or resentment, apathy, or anger?
- Are you withholding forgiveness?
- Do you need to make something right?
- Are your thoughts leading you toward God and the things of God or away from God?
- Pray with David: “Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!” Be attentive to what the Spirit surfaces.
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Steve Wood (SWood@StAndrews.Church).