Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: John 15:1-11
Jesus gives his disciples the secret to thriving in life no matter the circumstances. Abide in him. But what does this mean? How do you do it? How do you know if you are? Jesus leads us to three questions whose answers reveal whether we are abiding in him or somewhere else.
- Are you in the vine?
- Are you bearing fruit?
- Are you being pruned?
- List the words in this text in John 15:1-11 that communicate thriving. List the ones that communicate withering.
- Would you describe yourself more as thriving or withering during this pandemic? How so?
- What does it mean to abide in something or someone?
According to this passage from John 15…..
- What does is mean to be in the vine? Are you?
- What does it mean to bear fruit? Are you?
- What does it mean to be pruned by God? Is this happening to you?
You can also listen to the sermon and take a look at the application questions via our mobile app.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.