Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:John 14:1-14
Christianity is fundamentally about relationship – personal, vital, intimate relationship with God. It is the relationship for which we were created. Jesus came to us so that we could know God. He also taught us that knowing God is the very point of life. Unfortunately, we often make Christianity out to be so many things other than this. While much of our knowledge about Jesus is observational (“been with you so long” knowing) he calls us to come to him for personal relationship.
- How would you describe your relationship with God over these past weeks of the pandemic? Growing? Stagnant? Regressing? How so?
- In what ways have you used time to pursue your relationship with God that you previously might have invested in other pursuits?
- How is knowing about Jesus different from knowing him personally?
- How is it possible for a person to believe in God, do kind things for others, go to church, and even read the Bible and still miss the point of Christianity?
- How might you use the particular moment we are in to create a “new normal” in your life regarding your relationship with God?
You can also listen to the sermon and take a look at the application questions via our mobile app.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.