Sunday, August 9
- Preacher: The Rt. Rev’d Stephen D. Wood
- Readings: Ephesians 2.1-10; John 3.19-21
- Sermon: What Is Wrong With Me?
- 9 am – Mt Pleasant Farmers Market (map)
- Learn more about our outdoor service.
- Order of Service and Music (PDF)
- 9:00 am – Contemporary Service from the Historic Church (pre-recorded)
- 10:45 am – Traditional Service from the Historic Church (pre-recorded)
- 6:00 pm – Contemporary Service from the Farmers Market (pre-recorded)
- Premiers on Facebook and YouTube only
In addition to this page, services from the Mt Pleasant location may be streamed from multiple sites:
- Facebook Live (@StAndrewsMtP). Like St. Andrew’s – Mt Pleasant to receive notifications when we go live.
- St. Andrew’s Church YouTube Channel (YouTube.com/c/StAndrewsChurchMP – subscribe to our channel)
All services may be viewed in the frame below.
Many of the policies you see below are a combination of best practices and our agreement with the Town of Mt. Pleasant about the use of their facility. We provide this detailed information so you can make an informed decision about returning to church.
The outdoor service is weather-dependent. If the service is canceled we will make announcements via social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and on this page by 7:30 am.
Arriving at the Farmers Market
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet between your family and others at all times.
- Do not park in the drive at the entrance of the school.
- Park in the St. Andrew’s parking lot, Moultrie Middle parking lots, or across Coleman Boulevard.
- There is only one entrance to the service – Enter at the Farmers Market sign at the corner of Simmons and Coleman Boulevard.
- Bring your own chairs.
- Wait at the entrance until an usher escorts you to a seating area.
- In order to maintain good physical distancing practices, ushers will direct you to your seating area.
- Keep your family clustered together at your assigned spot.
- Wait for ushers to dismiss your family when the service ends.
Masks, Restrooms, and Sanitation Stations
- Restrooms will not be available at the Farmers Market. Restrooms at St. Andrew’s will be available.
- Masks are encouraged but not required.
- Staff and volunteers will wear masks.
- Volunteers that may hand you items will also wear gloves.
- Liturgy and music will be available on our website by Friday evening for downloading/printing and a link to the same will be provided in an email on Saturday
- Printed worship bulletins will also be made available on Sunday morning for those who want them.
- Attendees will be handed a pre-filled individual sealed communion cups as they arrive by gloved volunteers.
- Everybody will partake of the wafer and the cup as directed by the Celebrant.
After the Dismissal
- Please deposit your offering in the provided baskets as you leave the service.
- Please police your area for communion cups, worship bulletins, and other trash and deposit it in the provided receptacles as you leave.
- In order to maintain appropriate physical distancing we ask you to wait until you are dismissed by an usher before heading to the exit.