Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:Matthew 11:24-30;34-43
After the parable of the sower Jesus gives a similar parable to his disciples. He makes it clear that the followers of Jesus are left in the world with those who do not believe and they will suffer. However He draws four things out for them:
- We are in the world as fruits of His labor
- He is the judge of the world, not us
- Though the world looks in disarray He is no fool and will bring justice
- One day he will uproot evil and we will feast in eternity with Him
- Do you feel the weight of the world around you especially as we experience the effects of the coronavirus?
- Have you continued to engage with God’s word and His church the last few months? What prevents you from doing so?
- Do you have someone you lean on for support in this time? Is there a particular person that comes to mind?
- How does the hope of eternity inform the way you act every day?
You can also listen to the sermon and take a look at the application questions via our mobile app.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Samuel Hunter (SHunter@StAndrews.Church)
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.