Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: 1 John 4:7–21; Luke 16:19–31.
- What associations do you have with the phrase, “God is love”?
- What connections is John drawing between the love of God and the love of neighbor?
- How would you characterize the difference between knowing an idea and knowing a person?
- Do you live or work near the needy? If not, how do you get close to needy people?
- What mature Christian do you know who sees simple, immediate, specific needs, and loves to meet them? Consider that person’s example. Can you develop a friendship, even a mentoring relationship, with them?
You can listen to the sermon by using the player below or via the St Andrew’s Sermon Podcast.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Sam Fornecker (SFornecker@StAndrews.Church).