Don’t just take our word for it . . . We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:
- The Women and Water
- The Women and Wounding
- The Relentless Christ
- Often we desire to keep Jesus at arm’s length or are content with surface-level faith. Do you feel this way? In what areas are you tempted to only go an inch deep?
- When we allow Christ into the deep parts of life what will he find there?
- How does his relentless pursuit of the women at the well make you feel?
- Is there an area of life that Christ is pursuing you in?
- What would healing in that area look like?
- What steps are you willing to take with him?
- How are your lenten disciplines going? Are you fasting, praying, or intentionally giving? Did you pick up a sticky note on Sunday? Have you prayed for that person?
- Can you imagine yourself being a person who looks to Christ?
- Because of this sermon, how is your life changed, matured, or been challenged?
- Who will you tell and what because of what you just heard?
- How would you explain this to a small child?
The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup community.
If you have questions about this sermon please email David Libbon (Dlibbon@StAndrews.Church)
- NET Bible Study Notes on John
- Expositor’s Bible Commentary