Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon:Luke 12:32-40
Jesus told his disciples that wherever our treasure is, there our hearts will be as well. As a result, we often find our hearts dwelling in things that fail, can be taken away and can be destroyed.
Where is your treasure? How do you know? What happens when we love and trust things? Jesus offers a profound way to reinvest our treasure and relocate our hearts in the Kingdom of God. When we do, we find our hearts in a place that will never fail, where they can never be stolen and will never be destroyed.
- What do you think of Jesus’ statement regarding the location of your heart?
- Take a look at your bank statement and/or your credit card statement. What does that reveal about what you treasure? What does that say about your heart?
- In what ways do we try to seek security, peace, value and significance from our possessions?
- How is money a poor substitute for God?
- What would it take for you to begin to invest more of your money in the Kingdom of God? What percentage of your money is given to things beyond yourself and/or your own family? How might you increase that?
- What does Jesus promise you when you do?
- The outline and application questions are intended for your further reflection and action upon the weekend message. They are also designed to facilitate discussion and accountability within your LifeGroup.
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Terrell Glenn (tglenn@StAndrews.Church).